Thursday, November 7, 2013

Interview with D.L. Roan - Second Nature

Today we are interviewing, author of Second Nature
Enjoy my Sweets!
 6949817
Hi Laura Lee!
 First, let me say thanks for this opportunity and that I’m super excited to share these characters’ story with you and your followers.
 
1)     Are there any Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Wow. I’ve met so many new amazing authors on this journey it’s difficult to list only a few. There is one author in particular that I’ve had the privilege to beta read for recently and I WAS HOOKED! She will be publishing her first novel soon so I won’t put her on the spot and name names just yet, but oh man! This story grabbed be and shook me, hard. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt that from a book. I hate teasing you guys. Okay, not really (ha-ha), but whew! Get ready. This one’s going places.
 
2)     Do you buy a book by the cover?
I’m definitely not a cover clicker. I’m one of those who read the entire blurb and filters through the reviews before I buy. I love “love em’ or hate em’” books with diverse reviews. I usually end up loving them, but either way they are the ones that seem to evoke the most emotion.
 
3)     Do you have a book trailer?
Yes! I actually did my first ever book trailer for Second Nature. It was a challenging experience to say the least. Eeeee! The best part about it for me is that my super talented husband created the soundtrack for it. Love that man!  Ha-ha. You can find it on YouTube here: http://bit.ly/14AJjhX
 
4)     What are your thoughts on book trailers?
I think they can be a very effective window into the heart of the book, but not necessarily essential. It’s definitely a fun, creative new tool for authors.
 
5)     White wine or red?
Hmmm *scrunches nose* I’m more of a Martini girl. However, a few glasses of Chardonnay, I can’t feel my face and we’re all good!  *thumbs up*
 
6)     What will you do to celebrate your next birthday?
Oh lordy-lordy!  I’m hoping to skate by and ignore that day all together. Ha-ha. I’m going to live like every day is my birthday from here on out. Drinks and cake every day! Oh! And presents! Lots and lots of presents! Get that, honey? Don’t worry. I’ll make a list.
 
7)     What's your favorite horror movie?
The six o’clock news! Ha-ha. I can honestly say I don’t have one. Never watched much horror but I do like paranormal shows on TV like A Haunting. *chills*
 
8)     Do you play a musical instrument?
I do play piano, classical, and I’ve pick up a little bass guitar from my hubs. He’s definitely the musician in the house.
 
9)     Most frequent song played?
Is that like a new take on the favorite song question? Ha-ha. Um, I don’t count, but I’d have to say it’s a close tie between “She Country” by Jason Aldean and “Kryptonite” by 3 Doors Down.
 
10)  Weirdest thing you've ever eaten.
Without a doubt, hands down, Play-Dough. That stuff has the strangest texture EVER! Kinda salty, too. Red is the worst! Blah!
 
11)  Do you have any hidden talents?
Now, if they’re hidden how would I know? Trick question, Laura Lee. I’m on to you. Ha-ha. Let me see. I don’t know that it’s an actual talent but I do love to bake fresh, homemade bread. I know, bor-ing. Wish I could say something cool, like I see dead people, but nope. Just plain ole’ crusty French bread baking. Oh! And sometimes Amish white bread. Ha-ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment