Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Interview with Adriane Leigh

Today we are interviewing Adriane Leigh, author of Light In Mourning
Hope you enjoy!
Adriane Leigh
 
1) What's your favorite material object that you already own?

This is a  terrible answer, but it's my MacBook Air. I customized it with a decal  of my book cover, and it's where the smutty magic happens :) Equally  important is my iPad because I read on it- I would die if something happened to it and I was stuck without a book to  read before bed :)


2) Favorite place to eat?

I love sushi but don't get it often in Michigan.


3) If you were a professional wrestler,  what would your ring name be and why?

Something smutty, like Queen of  Smut, or Smut Peddler!


4) What is your favorite quote?

"She  decided to start living the life she imagined." Because I woke up one  day and did just that. I wrote Steel and Lace, published, and now my  world has been turned upside down in the best of ways.


5) Of all of the Gilligan's Island  characters, I am most like (and tell us why):

I think I'm a mixture of  all of them! I have smart moments like The Professor, ditzy ones like  Mary Ann, smutty ones like Ginger… I think we're all probably a mix of each of them. I'm also realizing that the word "smut"  is coming up a lot in this interview, so maybe I'm most like Ginger!


6) When people look at me, they would  never guess that I:

write smut. I get that all the time. That I'm a cute little girl (I'm 30, fyi) and they can't believe the smut that comes  out of my brain. I take it as a compliment :)


7) Is there a particular movie that you  preferred over the book version?

I really loved the Harry Potter movies. It was amazing to see that whole world come to life. There was no way  every detail of the books could be translated to screen, so going in without that expectation let me just enjoy what  it was.


8) Who designed the cover of your book? 

The brilliant Sarah Hansen at Okay Creations designed both The Mourning  After and Light in Mourning.


9) Is there an Author that you would  really like to meet?

There are so many! I met most in Vegas at Naughty  Mafia- Alice Clayton is a favorite because she's hilarious. Sylvia Day,  Jodi Ellen, Malpas, CJ Roberts and SC Stephens were all crossed off my bucket list in Vegas. I'm planning a signing  event in Scotland next year and I am anxious to meet Samantha Towle,  Samantha Young, KI Lynn, and Mia Asher, (Mia hasn't confirmed yet, but  I'm determined to kidnap her if needed to get her there!).


10) If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?

"I'm out.  Georgia's been torturing me throughout this interview wearing those itty bitty sleep shorts I love so much. No better way to start the day than with a morning quickie." - Tristan


11) What books have influenced your writing?

I love the emotional intensity of the Thoughtless series and the pure smutty goodness of anything by  Olivia Cunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment