Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Interview with Kate Mathias ~ Spitfire

Today we are interviewing Kate Mathias, Author of Spitfire
Hope you enjoy!
6441297
Thank you for having me and asking such great questions!
 Kate :)
1) What's your favorite material object that you already own?  
My dogs.  I have a Yorkie Poo and we just got a Golden Doodle last week.  The puppy training stage is rough!  haha  He's going to be a great dog once he's trained though.  My Yorkie Poo has been with us for four years and is a part of our family.

2) Favorite place to eat?  
I love Brio, an Italian place.  I love pasta and bread!

3) If you were a professional wrestler, what would your ring name be and why?  
My oldest son is really into WWE.  He went to a wrestling match that was televised earlier this year.  I asked him this question and he said that it would be cool to just go by my real name -- you know, to throw people off.  My daughter then quickly chimed in, "No, go by Sparkles because they're pretty."  So I guess I would go by Kate Sparkles.  :)

4) What is your favorite quote?
 Walk humbly, have mercy, love fiercely.

5) Of all of the Gilligan's Island characters, I am most like (and tell us why):
 Probably like Mary Ann.  I was a school teacher and grew up in Iowa.  I'm still just a simple gal at heart and love to make people happy around me.

6) When people look at me, they would never guess that I:
I had a stroke a year ago and have a mass on my right frontal lobe.  The mass will always be there and is a dead spot on my brain.  I sometimes kid my husband that when I'm acting crazy it's because I'm just a little brain dead.  Okay, probably not funny, but sometimes it's better to laugh than cry.  :)

7) Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?  
No, I love all books better than the movies.

8) Who designed the cover of your book?  
Renae Porter from Australia.

9) Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
 I would love to meet Nora Roberts.  I grew up reading her books and would love to talk to her about how she gets all of her ideas.

10) If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
 Arie, who is one of the main characters in Spitfire, always says what she's thinking and what she means.  Here's a quick word from Arie -- "I don't understand why people are scared to get into the Silver Oaks Series.  It's technically a paranormal romance and suspense, but come on people, there's no freaky sh*t in it.  The series is a different story, one that you probably won't guess how it all ends.  I probably wouldn't have been able to believe what was going to happen in my family's lives if I hadn't lived it.  My family's story has it all -- romance, hardships, love, suspense, action (a little steamy action too -- hell yeah), and hope. What are you waiting for?  Go read it!"

11) What books have influenced your writing?  
It's really hard to pinpoint a specific book.  I read about a book a week and over the years I've read a ton of romance books.  They have all played a part in shaping who I am today as a writer.  I want my book to hook the reader and leave them wanting more.  When the reader finishes with my series, I hope that they will be thinking about it a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment